Finally We Have a Home



For the past 4 years, we have been homeless as a community. It’s hard to believe that it was 2018 when we left the storefront.

Thank G-d it gave us the push to buy the property, which is inches away from getting a grading permit.

For the past few months, we’ve been working on a temporary shul on the side of our home (our girls gave up their big bedroom to become the sanctuary), so we can have a designated space to express our Jewishness until the new property is finished.

The past two months have been the most intense in my life. Between a new baby, a marathon Purim & Pesach and this construction, I’ve been at my limits (that’s why I haven’t been writing).

There were times that I felt guilty about the construction taking away from my regular rabbi duties.

On the bright side, despite this major distraction, Purim and Pesach had a greater reach than ever.

But I couldn’t call and meet people as much as I’d like.

We’re now at the finishing touches.

Finally I’ll have a normal office write to you from, instead of a cold garage with mosquitos.

And the Hebrew School (which has been growing a lot even during construction) children will feel proud of the place they come to study.

Maybe we’ll even be able to start some minyans up if there’s enough interest.

With G-d’s help, the final inspection is on Monday.

You might wonder why we invested so much time and money into this temporary situation, while we have a big project that needs our resources.

I’d be happy to tell you at least 3 reasons in person.

But here’s a reason that is an important lesson.

I’ve made quite a few mistakes on this project.

But these mistakes taught me the process of construction.

And I’ve acquired skills that will hopefully save hundreds of thousands on the big shul.

Making mistakes is ok.

As long as everyone’s healthy, we’re not getting in huge debt, and I’m learning from the mistakes, it’s all good.

If you know you’re gonna make mistakes, just try to make them on a small scale, and be eager to learn more.

This is how we become better people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can the Rebbe Work Miracles?

The Rebbe is Alive

Should We Move To Texas?