Purim & Community



Over the next week, 50 volunteers will be delivering Purim Joy to 350 families.

Which reminds me of something new I learned.

While preparing the letter to accompany the Purim baskets, I reviewed “general letters” the Rebbe sent out before Purim.

I noticed something that should have been obvious, but for some reason, I never really “got” before.

Purim is the holiday of “community”.

Of course, community is important for all holidays, Shabbos, and even throughout the week.

But Purim is more about community than any other time.

You might even say it’s the theme of the holiday.

It runs through the story.

As well as the customs and mitzvahs.

You can read the letter here, or keep an eye out for it in the next few days…

May the blessing of strong community happen to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can the Rebbe Work Miracles?

The Rebbe is Alive

Should We Move To Texas?