Why I Support Israel


Yesterday, a bunch of us came on zoom in tefillin and learned Torah, gave tzedakah, and prayed for Israel, and it worked! Last night was a huge surprise operation which was extremely successful. I’m so grateful to have played a small (or not so small?) spiritual part in this amazing victory.

But why do I care about Israel so much?

I don’t support Israel because I’m a Zionist. I don’t support Israel because I believe they are right. I don’t support Israel because I’m a racist. I don’t support Israel because of Israeli politics. I don’t support Israel because of American politics. I don’t support Israel because of Iran. I don’t support Israel because it’s the homeland of the Jews. I don’t support Israel because the Bible says it’s ours.

The one reason I support Israel is because 7 million of our brothers and sisters live there and I care about them.

This idea may seem simple, but it actually makes huge differences in what we support. Zionism dictates that some sacrifices are required “for the cause of the land” but safety of each and every Jew in Israel doesn’t.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lag Baomer In NY

I Really Mean You!

What is "belief in G-d"?