I'm Feeling Thankful

 


What do I feel thankful for?  For many people, Thanksgiving is a cherished moment in time.  It's an opportunity to spend time with the people closest to them, and share a real, three course meal together.  For that same reason, to many others, it is a time of loneliness.  Think of all the people who don't have anyone close to share this special time with.  Worse, some people have close family to spend it with, but choose to spend the holiday with friends because they don't feel comfortable with their family.  Possibly the only thing worse is indeed spending time with family, but loathing every moment of it. 

I am thankful to have a family and I'm doubly thankful that I love spending time with them.  Even better, I feel thankful that this special feeling of togetherness is not just a once a year affair, but a weekly one!  As I went shopping this morning, I could see people's shopping baskets full, in the holiday spirit.  As I walked around the block with my children this afternoon, we could smell delicious aromas emanating from the homes.  It's so beautiful to see people celebrating, and I'm so thankful to have at least the same magnitude of a meal every week on Shabbos!  

Another thing I'm so thankful for is you!  Natanya and I have been here for four years now, and are raising our family in a city where we are different, but you make us feel welcome.  The whole reason why we don't live in a big religious community like Brooklyn or Los Angeles is because we want to be near you!  We want to share the light, warmth and joy of life and Yiddishkeit with you, and your acceptance of us is something I'll be ever thankful for. 

I'm grateful for your support.  Like Jetblue used to say, "Without you, we'd just be flying a bunch of televisions cross-country!"  We're here to lead the community, but without your encouragement, vision, volunteering and monetary contributions, we'd be getting nowhere!

Thank you for being part of our wonderful community, and I look forward to many more happy, healthy and wealthy years together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesach, Seder & My Reflections

A Happy & Kosher Pesach

Pesach Preparations